- On October 9, 2011
- 0 Comments
Tomorrow, I’m going to run DCNI-1 training class for our CLP partner in Warsaw, Poland. This course is about building Data Center network infrastructure with Catalyst 6500, Catalyst 4900M (sic!), FWSM and NAM service modules. It is quite old in my opinion and as always I will add a mass new things from myself to satisfy my students and teach them up-to-date stuff.
My plan is to add a bunch of information like:
- Sup2T – a new 6500 supervisor, its performance, scalability and features
- new line cards and their features
- detailed 6500 Architecture and Packet Walks when using different line cards in the same chassis
- DCI – Data Center Interconnection options and trends
- enhanced QoS and VRFs
- VSS and service modules (like FWSM)
- ASASM – a successor for FWSM
- NAM5 and its monitoring capabilities
I believe we will be able to finish that in 5 short days and hope my students will become a much better engineers after that! See you there!