- On July 12, 2018
- 0 Comments
Application Centric Infrastructure Workshop (Night Course)
The ACI Workshop is a course that is designed for individuals that are interested in learning how the ACI & APIC operates. The goal is to show students how to use the ACI in a live working environment, first starting with its fundamental operation, and then focusing on integration and migration scenarios. This course provides students with the necessary Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes (KSA) to perform foundational tasks related to Application Centric Infrastructure, and help students prepare for the CCNA, CCNP and even CCIE level exams. This course is about theory of operation but 90% of the course time will be devoted to hands on operation in a supervised/instructional environment.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to meet these objectives:
- Create and Deploy Tenants, VRFs & Bridge Domains
- Create and Implement Policy Filters and Contracts
- Deploying 3 Tier Application Profiles
- Connect to Physical Network Environemtns
- Connect to Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) Domains
- Deploy – APIC DVS
- Implement L2 External Bridged Networks (Extending BDs & EPGs)
- Implement L3 External Routed Networks (OSPF)
- Configure and Deploy Inter-Tenant Connectivity
- Implement Service Graphs in Managed Mode (ASAv)
- Manage the APIC/ACI Using the REST API (Postman)
No Direct Certification Path
- Understand network fundamentals – for example, routing, switching, VLAN
- Understand compute fundamentals – for example, servers, operating systems
- Understand Hypervisor Fundamentals – for example how to interact with VMware vSphere
Who Should Attend:
The primary target audience for the course is as follows:
- Network Engineers needing to understand ACI operation and infrastructure -operation and support of the Cisco ACI Products and Solutions
The secondary target audience for the course is as follows:
- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE Data Center Candidates – this course will provide hands-on lab, and advanced theoretical deep dives into topics relevant to each of these exams.
What the Students Get:
- Access to 10+ Hours of Advanced Technology Video on Demand recordings
- 6 Supervised ACI Configuration Workshop Sessions (3 hours in length)
Course Delivery Method:
This is an instructor led on-online boot camp.
Boot Camp Hours:
8:00 PM – 11:00 PM CST
Classes will run for two consecutive weeks on Monday, Wednesday & Friday evenings (3 hours in length)
Follow On Certification:
Session 1: Introduction ACI Logical Constructs
- Initial ACI Fabric Configuration
- Configure a Tenant, VRF & Bridge Domain
- Configure Policy Filters
Session 2: Create a 3 Tier Application Profile
- Create EPG
- Create Contracts
- Create Static VLAN Pools
- Implement connectivity to a Physical Domain
- Deploy Contracts and conduct Verifications
Session 3: Deploy a 3 Tier Application in VMware
- Create Dynamic VLAN Pools
- Create Contracts
- Implement Connectivity to a VMM domain (vCenter)
Session 4: Inter-Tenant Policy
- Configure Inter-Tenant Policy
- Taboo Contracts
- Micro-Segmentation with an EPG
Session 5: External Connectivity
- Configure External Layer 3 Connectivity using OSPF
- Configure External Layer 2 Connectivity – Extending a Bridge Domain
- Configure External Layer 2 Connectivity – Extending an EPG
- Configure a Service Graph in Managed Mode
Session 6: Network Programmability
- Configure the APIC using REST API (Postman)
- Configure the APIC using the ACI Cobra SDK (Python)
- Configure the APIC using the Cisco APIC REST to Python Adapter (ARYA)
Payment Policy / Options:
- Prepayment is required for all courses and packages. All prices are based on USD currency.
- Pricing, registration terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Payment can be made using following methods:
- Credit Card: American Express, MasterCard, Visa.
- CISCO Learning Credits (to submit CLC request please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Bank Wire.
There are no free retakes for this track.
There are no refunds. You will be issued a credit. There is no expiration for the credit. You can take the class at a different date or location at no additional cost. We need a minimum of two weeks notice for postponing the class.