- On June 12, 2016
- 0 Comments
Implementing CISCO Nexus 1000 (DCNX1K)
Implementing the Cisco Nexus 1000V (DCNX1K) is a three-day instructor-led course that teaches how to implement and troubleshoot the Nexus 1000V switch for VMware. The course covers the key components and procedures needed to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco Nexus 1000V switches. Through hands-on labs, you will explore the design options and features of Cisco NX-OS Software and the Cisco Nexus 1000V platform, gaining an understanding of realistic day-to-day operations of these products. You will leave with a complete, comprehensive approach to the design and implementation of today’s data center.
This course is designed for Network Designers, Network Administrators, Network Engineers, and Managers. It is also for systems and consulting systems engineers, server administrators, and Cisco integrators and partners who install and implement Cisco Nexus 1000V switches.
Upon Completion of this course, students will be able to…
- Position the VMware networking solution
- Position the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch in the VMware infrastructure, install the Virtual Supervisor and Virtual Ethernet Modules, and establish an SVS connection to the vCenter Server
- Configure the key features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch and understand how these features are used in the data center virtual infrastructure design
- Identify which management features should be implemented on the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch and how to configure the features selected
- Identify which tools can be used when troubleshooting Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch issues and how to troubleshoot key features
- Good understanding of the VMware environment with recommended VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage course or equivalent
CISCO Exam Covered:
Course Delivery Method:
This boot camp is delivered online via Webex.
Students Will Receive:
- Implementing the Cisco Nexus 1000V v2.0 student kit (DCNX1K)
- VPN access via Cisco AnyConnect to dedicated equipment for the duration of the course
Boot Camp Hours:
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Central Standard Time
- Los Angeles (U.S.A. – California) PST UTC-8 hours
- Warsaw (Poland) CET UTC+1 hour
- Sydney (Australia – New South Wales) AEDT UTC+11 hours
- Mumbai (India – Maharashtra) IST UTC+5:30 hours
- Mexico City (Mexico – Federal District) CST UTC-6 hours
- Chicago (U.S.A. – Illinois) CST UTC-6 hours
- New York (U.S.A. – New York) EST UTC-5 hours
- London (United Kingdom – England) GMT UTC
- Dubai (United Arab Emirates – Dubai) GST UTC+4 hours
Follow On Certification:
CCIE Data Center
- Lesson 1: VMware Networking Overview
- Topic 1A: Reviewing the Virtual Infrastructure
- Topic 1B: Networking in the VMware Infrastructure
- Topic 1C: Configuring VMware Switching
- Lesson 2: Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch Installation
- Topic 2A: Reviewing the Cisco Nexus 1000V Product
- Topic 2B: Reviewing the Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance and Virtual Service Blades
- Lesson 3: Cisco Nexus 1000V Feature Configuration
- Topic 3A: Configuring Port Profiles
- Topic 3B: Configuring Security Features
- Topic 3C: Configuring Quality of Service
- Lesson 4: Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch Management
- Topic 4A: Configuring Management Features
- Topic 4B: Configuring System Management Features
- Lesson 5: Troubleshooting the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch
- Topic 5A: Using Basic Troubleshooting Tools
- Topic 5B: Troubleshooting Modules
- Topic 5C: Troubleshooting Ports and Port Profiles
Payment Policy / Options:
- Prepayment is required for all courses and packages. All prices are based on USD currency.
- Pricing, registration terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Payment can be made using following methods:
- Credit Card: American Express, MasterCard, Visa.
- CISCO Learning Credits (to submit CLC request please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Bank Wire.
There are no free retakes for this track.
There are no refunds. You will be issued a credit. There is no expiration for the credit. You can take the class at a different date or location at no additional cost. We need a minimum of two weeks notice for postponing the class.