- On November 19, 2018
- 0 Comments
Mastering Cisco UCS v3.0
Mastering Cisco UCS v3.0is a 5-day instructor-led course that is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP Data Center certification and for professional-level data center roles. The focus of this skills-building course is on deploying, securing, operating, and maintaining the Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) and Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers for use in data centers. The extensively hands-on course covers configuring and managing Cisco UCS servers using unified I/O networking for LAN and SAN connectivity, virtualizing server hardware identifiers to enable rapid recovery of server operating system images, automating UCS deployments using Cisco UCS Central Software and Cisco Integrated Management Controller (Cisco IMC) Supervisor, configuring fault tolerance, implementing role-based access control (RBAC), backing up and restoring system configurations, and using the monitoring and troubleshooting tools in Cisco UCS Manager and Cisco IMC.
The goal of this course is to teach learners how to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Computing System B-Series blade servers and C-Series rack servers in a virtualized data center environment.
This course will use version 3.1(m) of the UCSM.
By completing this course, you’ll master the professional-level skills and technologies needed to implement Cisco data center unified computing infrastructure, including unified computing implementation maintenance and operations, automation, security and storage.
You will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe Cisco UCS server form factors
- Describe Cisco UCS connectivity
- Configure identity abstraction
- Configure service profile templates
- Implement iSCSI
- Implement Fibre Channel port channels
- Implement FCoE
- Implement role-based access control (RBAC)
- Implement external authentication providers
- Implementing key management
- Implement Cisco UCS firmware updates
- Implement Cisco UCS backups
- Implement monitoring
- Deploy Cisco UCS Central and use it to add a Cisco UCS Manager domain, manage resources centrally, and create all required pools and templates to deploy a service profile.
- Implement Cisco UCS Director and Cisco Integrated Management Controller (Cisco IMC) Supervisor
- Compare scripting options for Cisco UCS Manager
No Direct Certification Path
- CCNA and DCUFI knowledge and experience up to CCNA Data Center
- CCNA DC equivalent knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with server operating systems, hypervisor, and virtualization
- Implementing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions (ICSNS)
- Familiarity with ethernet and TCP/IP networking, SANs, Fibre Channel Protocol (FCP), and hypervisor technologies (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix Xen)
Who Should Attend:
System engineers and technicians who implement Cisco UCS B-Series Blade, Servers and Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers, Data center (LAN, SAN, Server) administrators, managers, designers, and engineers. This course is tailored to meet the needs of students pursuing CCNP & CCIE Data Center.
Course Delivery Method:
This is an instructor led on-online boot camp.
Boot Camp Hours:
Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST
Follow On Certification:
- Cisco Unified Computing System Implementation
- Describing Cisco UCS Server Form Factors
- Describing Cisco UCS Connectivity
- Configuring Identity Abstraction
- Configuring Service Profile Templates
- SAN Storage Implementation for Cisco Unified Computing System
- Implementing iSCSI
- Implementing Fibre Channel
- Implementing FCoE
- Security Implementation for Cisco Unified Computing System
- Implementing Role-Based Access Control
- Implementing External Authentication Providers
- Implementing Key Management
- Operations and Maintenance for Cisco Unified Computing System
- Implementing Cisco UCS Firmware Updates
- Implementing Cisco UCS Backups
- Implementing Monitoring
- Cisco Unified Computing System Automation
- Implementing Cisco UCS Central
- Implementing Cisco UCS Director and Cisco IMC Supervisor
- Comparing Scripting Options for Cisco UCS Manager
- Lab 1: Provision Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect Cluster
- Lab 2: Configure Server and Uplink Ports
- Lab 3: Configure VLANs
- Lab 4: Configure a Cisco UCS Service Profile Using Hardware Identities
- Lab 5: Configure Basic Identity Pools
- Lab 6: Configure a Cisco UCS Service Profile Using Pools
- Lab 7: Configure a Service Profile Template
- Lab 8: Configure an iSCSI Service Profile
- Lab 9: Configure Pod-Specific Device Aliases
- Lab 10: Configure Zoning
- Lab 11: Configure VSANs in Cisco UCS Manager
- Lab 12: Configure Unified Ports on Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnects
- Lab 13: Install and Boot VMware ESXi on Cisco UCS C-Series Servers from SAN LUN
- Lab 14: Install and Boot VMware ESXi on Cisco UCS B-Series Servers from SAN LUN
- Lab 15: Configure Organizations and Locales
- Lab 16: Configure Job-Specific Roles
- Lab 17: Configure Cisco UCS Manager to Authenticate Users with Microsoft Active Directory
- Lab 18: Configure a Trusted Point and Key Ring in Cisco UCS Manager
- Lab 19: Perform Backup and Restore Activities
- Lab 20: Implement Syslog
Payment Policy / Options:
- Prepayment is required for all courses and packages. All prices are based on USD currency.
- Pricing, registration terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Payment can be made using following methods:
- Credit Card: American Express, MasterCard, Visa.
- CISCO Learning Credits (to submit CLC request please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Bank Wire.
There are no free retakes for this track.
There are no refunds. You will be issued a credit. There is no expiration for the credit. You can take the class at a different date or location at no additional cost. We need a minimum of two weeks notice for postponing the class.