- On November 8, 2016
- 0 Comments
Python Zero-to-Hero is a 10-week intensive course for learning software development and automation from a Network and IT operations perspective. The class is a 60-hour instructor-led course that will be accessible online through WebEx every Saturday. The goal is to take a beginner interested in development, IT or networking without any prior programming experience into a capable DevOps engineer.
The students will learn how an automation engineer can leverage python to increase business value. It will begin with a basic overview of the python language and how it can be used at the application layer to create networked applications. Then once the basics are taught we will visit different parts of the network stack from the point of view of cloud architecture and see how to leverage software development practices to better build out reliable systems.
While some programming background as well as comfort behind the Linux command line would be beneficial it is not required.
There will also be individual and collaborative programming and automation directed activities and projects.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Write python scripts to automate common tasks
- Understand fundamental programming concepts such as object oriented programming and modularity
- Be able to understand libraries and frameworks written in Python
- Capability to design systems that are maintainable, well documented and reusable
- Debug and analyze problems in programs
- Understand how to build a software delivery pipeline
- Understand how cloud infrastructure and automation works
- Understand how python can be used for network applications and network control
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Basic computer literacy
- Familiarity with virtualization tools like VMWare or VirtualBox
- Basic operating system usage skills
- Windows and *NIX (Linux/OSX/BSD)
- Most work will be done on a Linux system
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Basic networking knowledge
- Familiarity with OSI model
Course Delivery Method:
This boot camp is delivered online via Webex. Sessions will be recorded and made available to watch online, videos will be available for up to 30 days after the course has been completed.
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python – by Al Sweigart
- Violent Python: A Cookbook for Hackers, Forensic Analysts, Penetration Testers and Security Engineers – 1st Edition – by T J O’Connor
Boot Camp Hours:
Saturdays Only 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Central Standard Time
1. Module-1– Python Basics
· What is Python?
· Interactive Programming
· Which Version should I use?
· Programs that Understand Programming
· Python Installation
B. Lesson 1- Basic Constructs
· The Continuation of a Line
· Built in Methods
· Input from Users
C. Lesson 2 – Advanced Constructs
· Redundant Scripts
· Thinking the right way
D. Lesson 3- Scaling Python
· Reading Files
· Writing to Files
· Substituting Strings and Integers
· While Loops
· For Loops and Lists
· Updating/Editing a List
· Error Handling
· Parsing Arguments from the Command Line
E. Lesson 4- Dictionaries and Regular Expressions
· Editing Dictionaries
· Deleting Dictionaries
· Dictionaries with Lists (Packing)
· The Re in Regular Expressions
· Regular Expressions- Match
· Regular Expressions- Search
· Regular Expressions- Findall
· Regular Expressions- Sub
Module 2– Web services Protocols
A. Lesson 1- Introduction to Web Services and REST API
· Web Services (User)
· Web Services (Node)
· Web Services (Transport)
· REST Overview
· Management Information Model (MIM)
· The MIM Tree
· Object Naming
· Encoded Documents
B. Lesson 2- XML and JSON
· What is XML?
· XML Format
· What is JSON
· Formatted JSON
C. Lesson 3- Data Models
· Schema Overview
· XML Schema
D. Lesson 4- Modifying the Schema
· Using POSTMAN
· Using Python with an API
· Python without the native API (request)
E. Lesson 5- Data Extraction and Manipulation
· Loading JSON
· Parsing JSON
· Loading XML
· Parsing XML
Payment Policy / Options:
- Prepayment is required for all courses and packages. All prices are based on USD currency.
- Pricing, registration terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Payment can be made using following methods:
- Credit Card: American Express, MasterCard, Visa.
- Bank Wire.
There are no free retakes for this track.
There are no refunds. You will be issued a credit. There is no expiration for the credit. You can take the class at a different date or location at no additional cost. We need a minimum of two weeks notice for postponing the class.