14 Oct ISE ZERO-TO-HERO V2.6
The Identity Services Engine (ISE) Zero-to-Hero v2.6 course is 8-sessions. This class is developed to give students a quick and effective overview of Cisco’s Identity Services Engine. This class shows you how to deploy and use Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) v2.6, an identity and access control policy platform that simplifies the delivery of consistent, highly secure access control across wired, wireless, and VPN connections. It will cover the fundamentals of AAA, ISE architecture, and deployment options. Upon completion of this course, learners should have knowledge of ISE deployment options, 802.1x, BYOD, guest access, posture, Trustsec and how to operationalize ISE.
Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe Cisco ISE deployments, including core deployment components and how they interact to create a cohesive security architecture. Describe the advantages of such a deployment and how each Cisco ISE capability contributes to these advantages.
- Describe concepts and configure components related to 802.1X and MAC Authentication Bypass (MAB) authentication, identity management, and certificate services.
- Describe how Cisco ISE policy sets are used to implement authentication and authorization, and how to leverage this capability to meet the needs of your organization.
- Describe third-party Network Access Devices (NADs), Cisco TrustSec®, and Easy Connect.
- Describe and configure web authentication, processes, operation, and guest services, including guest access components and various guest access scenarios.
- Describe and configure Cisco ISE profiling services, and understand how to monitor these services to enhance your situational awareness about network-connected endpoints. Describe best practices for deploying this profiler service in your specific environment.
- Describe BYOD challenges, solutions, processes, and portals. Configure a BYOD solution, and describe the relationship between BYOD processes and their related configuration components. Describe and configure various certificates related to a BYOD solution.
- Describe the value of the My Devices portal and how to configure this portal.
- Describe endpoint compliance, compliance components, posture agents, posture deployment and licensing, and the posture service in Cisco ISE.
- Describe and configure TACACS+ device administration using Cisco ISE, including command sets, profiles, and policy sets. Understand the role of TACACS+ within the Authentication, Authentication, and Accounting (AAA) framework and the differences between the RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols.
- Migrate TACACS+ functionality from Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS) to Cisco ISE, using a migration tool.
- Familiarity with the Cisco IOS® Software Command-Line Interface (CLI)
- Familiarity with Cisco AnyConnect® Secure Mobility Client
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with 802.1X
Course Delivery Method:
This boot camp is a combination of lecture and hands-on labs.
Boot Camp Hours:
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Central Time (Saturdays Only)
Hands on Labs denoted by Underline
- Introduction to AAA
- RADIUS vs TACACS+
- Device Administration Overview
- RADIUS for Network Access Overview
- Certificate Overview
- Introduction to ISE
- ISE Functions & Benefits
- ISE Architecture
- ISE Deployment Models
- Installing ISE
- AD Integration
- Context Visibility
- Authorization options
- Configuring policies and policy elements
- Identity management
- Certificate Services
- Third-Party Network Access Device Support
- Network Device Configuration
- Supplicant Options
- Basic Wired 802.1x
- Basic Wireless 802.1x
- Basic VPN access
- ISE BYOD
- BYOD Process Flow
- My Device Portals
- Configuring Certificates for BYOD
- Configuring BYOD Scenarios
- Client Provisioning
- ISE Posture
- Configuring different ISE posture services
- Anyconnect NAM Supplicant configuration
- Wired, Wireless and VPN Posture
- Profiling Overview and Design
- Probe Overview
- Configuring probes on network devices
- Profiling Policies
- Custom profile creation
- Scaling profiling
- Guest Access
- Identity Sharing
- Configure ISE and NADs for TACACS+ device administration
- Trustsec Overview
- Trustsec Classification
- Trustsec Enforcement
- Trustsec Design
- Operationalizing ISE
- TACACS+ Troubleshooting
- RADIUS Troubleshooting
- Network Device Troubleshooting
- Diagnostic Tools
Payment Policy / Options:
- Prepayment is required for all courses and packages. All prices are based on USD currency.
- Pricing, registration terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Payment can be made using following methods:
- Credit Card: American Express, MasterCard, Visa.
- CISCO Learning Credits (to submit CLC request please contact email@example.com).
- Bank Wire.
There are no free retakes for this track.
There are no refunds. You will be issued a credit. There is no expiration for the credit. You can take the class at a different date or location at no additional cost. We need a minimum of two weeks notice for postponing the class.
- October 17, 2020 to December 12, 2020
May 17, 2020 - December 12, 2020
8:10 pm - 9:10 pm